- Biochemical and histopathological changes in Wistar rats after consumption of boiled and un-boiled water from high and low disease prevalent areas for chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology (CKDu) in north Central Province (NCP) and its comparison with low disease prevalent Colombo, Sri Lanka
M. G. Thammitiyagodage, N. R. de Silva, C. Rathnayake, R. Karunakaran, Kumara WGSS, M. M. Gunatillka, N. Ekanayaka, B. P. Galhena, M. I. Thabrew
- de Silva, N.R., Dasanayake, W.M.D.K., Karunatilake, C., Wickramasingha, G.D., De Silva, B.D. and Malavige, G.N., 2018. Aetiology of anaphylaxis in patients referred to an immunology clinic in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology, 14(1), pp.1-9.
- Kumarage, J., Seneviratne, S.L., Senaratne, V., Fernando, A., Gunasekera, K., Gunasena, B., Gurugama, P., Peiris, S., Parker, A.R., Harding, S. and de Silva, N.R., 2017. The response to Typhi Vi vaccination is compromised in individuals with primary immunodeficiency. Heliyon, 3(6), p.e00333.
- Thammitiyagodage, M. G., Gunatillaka, M. M. , N Ekanayaka N, C Rathnayake,C., Horadagoda,N. U., Jayathissa,R., Gunaratne,U.K., Kumara,W.G., Abeynayake,P., Ingestion of dug well water from an area with high prevalence of chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology (CKDu) and development of kidney and liver lesions in rats(Ceylon Med J. 2017 Mar 31;62(1):20-24. doi: 10.4038/cmj.v62i1.8428).
- de Silva, N.R., Dasanayake, W.M.D.K., Karunatilleke, C. and Malavige, G.N., 2015. Food dependant exercise induced anaphylaxis a retrospective study from 2 allergy clinics in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology, 11(1), p.22.
Some of the publications Upto year 2016
- Perera K A D N, Nanayakkara S, Wimalaratne O V, Abeynayake P, Samarakkodi P M A, Senevirathne W D S T. An immunogenicity study on intradermal pre-exposure rabies vaccination in Sri Lanka. The Bulletin of the Sri Lanka College of Microbiologist 2016;14: 12.
- Senevirathne W D S T, Perera K A D N, Nanayakkara S, Wimalaratne O V. The effects of storage temperatures and evaluation of open vial policy on potency of live trivalent oral poliomyelitis vaccine (tOPV) in Sri Lanka. The Bulletin of the Sri Lanka College of Microbiologist 2016;14: 12.
- Karunanayake D, Matsumoto T, Wimalaratne O, Nanayakkara S, Perera D, Nishizono A. Ahmed K. Twelve years of rabies surveillance in Sri Lanka, 1999 – 2010. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases / www.plosntds.org 2014;8(10):e3205.
- Gunatilake M, Pimburage R, Wimalaratne O, Balasuriya A, Perera D. Pattern of immunogenicity in a representative group of canines following anti-rabies immunization. Proceedings of the 37th International Union of Physiological Sciences Congress held in Birmingham, UK in 2013; PCA293 (Electronic publication only) http://www.physoc.org/proceedings/abstract/Proc%2037th%20IUPSPCA293.
- Matsumoto T, Ahmed K, Karunanayake D, Wimalaratne O, Nanayakkara S, Perera D, Kobayashi Y, Nishizono A. Molecular epidemiology of human rabies virus in Sri Lanka. Infection, Genetics and Evolution 2013;18:160-167.
- de Silva, N.R., Gunawardena, S., Rathnayake, D. and Wickramasingha, G.D., 2013. Spectrum of primary immunodeficiency disorders in Sri Lanka. Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology, 9(1), p.50.
- Pimburage R M S, Gunatilake M, Wimalarathne O, Balasuriya A, Perera K A D N. Comparison of immunogenicity to antirabies vaccination in dogs of different age groups. Abatract/4th Rabies in Asia Conference 2013:46.
- Herath H M A K, Wimalaratne O, Perera K A D N Immunogenicity study following reduced dose (4 doses) intradermal vaccination for anti rabies post exposure therapy. Poster presentation at the Annual Academic Sessions of the Sri Lanka College of Microbiologist July 2013.
- Pimburage R, Gunatilake M, Wimalarathne O, Balasuriya A, Perera D. Comparison of antibody titres in unvaccinated and previously vaccinated adult stray/free roaming canines following anti-rabies immunization by Rapid Fluorescent Focus Inhibition Test (RFFIT) – A preliminary report International Journal of Infectious Diseases, Volume 16, Supplement 1, June 2012, Page e459
- de Silva, R., Gunasena, S., Ratnayake, D., Wickremesinghe, G.D., Kumarasiri, C.D., Pushpakumara, B.A.W., Deshpande, J., Kahn, A.L. and Sutter, R.W., 2012. Prevalence of prolonged and chronic poliovirus excretion among persons with primary immune deficiency disorders in Sri Lanka. Vaccine, 30(52), pp.7561-7565.
- Ahmed K, Wimalaratne O, Dahal N, Khawplod P, Nanayakkara S, Rinzin K, Perera D, Karunanayake D, Matsumoto T, Nishizono A. Evaluation of a monoclonal antibody-based rapid immunochromatographic test for direct detection of rabies virus in the brain of human and animals. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2012;86(4):736-40.
- Nishizono A, Yamada K, Khawplod P, Shiota S, Perera D, Matsumoto T, Wimalaratne O, Mitui M T, Ahmed K. Evaluation of an improved rapid neutralizing antibody detection test (RAPINA) for qualitative and semiquantitative detection of rabies neutralizing anti body in humans and dogs. Vaccine 2012;30:3891-96.
- Matsumoto T, Ahmed K, Wimalaratne O, Nanayakkara S, Perera D, Karunanayake D, Nishizono A. Novel sylvatic rabies virus variant in endangered golden palm civet, Sri Lanka. Emerg Infect Dis 2011;17:2346-49.
- Matsumoto T, Ahmed K, Wimalaratne O, Yamada K, Nanayakkara S,Perera D,Karunanayake D, Nishizono A. Whole-genome analysis of a human rabies virus from Sri Lanka.Arch Virol 2011;156:659–69.
- Perera K A D N, Rajapakse Y N, Nanayakkara S, Wimlaratne O V, Liyanage A D. Immunogenicity study to determine the persistence of rabies neutralizing antibodies in previously immunized patients and their booster response following anti rabies vaccine for a subsequent exposure. Abatract/3rd Rabies in Asia Conference 2011:39.
- Perera K A D N, Rajapakse Y N, Nanayakkara S, Wimlaratne O V, Liyanage A D Immunogenicity study to assess rabies neutralizing antibodies in previously immunized patients. Abstract/Annual Academic Sessions, Sri Lanka College of Microbiologist 2011;20: 16.
- Pimburage R M S, Gunatilake M, Wimlaratne O, Balasuriya A, Perera K A D N. Determination of antibody titres in adult stray/free roaming and domestic canines against anti-rabies immunization by RFFIT – a preliminary report. Abstract/3rd Rabies in Asia Conference (RIACON) 2011:74. Poster presentation at the ICID Conference 2012 Bangkok, Thailand.