e-Health activities and action plan
Annual ICT Plan
Annual ICT plan for 2018-2019
- Proper preparation of Specs with the help of ICTA for a new network, supervision and Facilitation until its implementation
- Proper preparation of Specs with the help of ICTA for a new MLIMS , supervision and Facilitation until its implementation
- Recruitment of required staff for sustainable implementation of MLIMS
- Preparing new website proposal
- Completing Research on accessibility of research output of MRI researchers.
- Preparing new proposal for a solid solution with a hardware firewall.
- Convincing the Director with the help of a consultant about the necessity of the urgent purchase of hardware firewall.
- Re-initiation of implementing MLIMS
- Successful Implementation of free WiFi facility for all the staff at MRI and even to public supported by ICTA through LGN-2
- Continuing Research on accessibility of research output of MRI researchers.
- Adding research profiles of MRI researchers to MRI website
- Helping MRI researchers to create “Research gate” and “Orcid” accounts
- Designing the more attractive website embedding more new features
- Maintaining the existing 10 years old network and software firewall
- Preparing proposals and contributing to the procurement of new network proposal worth Rs. 26 million of engineering estimate
- Initiation of free WiFi facility supported by ICTA through LGN-2
- Planning to expand the MLIMS to all units of MRI was failed due to staffing issue and no staff to enter the data at specimen counter since there is a limited staff at the counter.
- Staff training for MLIMS by visiting Apeksha Hospital.
- Continuation of Hardware maintenance and network maintenance at MRI
- Restoring failed network and software firewall with enormous efforts when three reputed three network companies failed to restore
- Providing proposals to implement new network since the existing network is early 10 years old.
- Implementation of Automated Library Information Management System and eLibrary using open source software at no cost with the help of Mr Harsha Balasooriya Senior Assistant Librarian( Systems), Open University of Sri Lanka and possitive cooperation by Mrs Chanda Gunathilake- Former Librarian MRI.
- Initiation of Piloting MLIMS at MRI with the help of Dr Nishan Siriwardana at Apeksha Hospital, Maharagama. ( a customized version)
- Sorting out staffing issue and establishment of Health Information and Management Unit at MRI for the sustainable implementation of MLIMS.
- There were no staff other than MO-HI until 01.10.2015 and two health care assistants were allocated to the unit.
- Initiation of Hardware maintenance and network maintenance at MRI , cutting off Rs. 320000.00 for network and around Rs. 600000.00 for hardware maintenance annually
eHealth activities completed for year 2013-2014
- Piloting Lab Information and Management System starting at the specimen counter and giving access to other units( Virology, Bacteriology.
- Conduction of a survey on computer literacy among the staff of MRI
- Conducted training of staff on how to apply Health care ICT in day to day activities of MRI to improve the efficiency of services provided by MRI By Dr Sanath Thubellage and Dr Uditha Perera
- Awareness lectures on eHealth and the role of the MO-Health Informatics to the whole staff