Research Publications & Presentations of Department of Rabies and Vaccine Quality Control
- Prospective study to ascertain the relationship between rabies infection and anti-rabies immunization status of dogs and cats in Sri Lanka; Kumarasinghe KADM, Nanayakkara S, Balasubramaniam R, Jayasinghe AU, Udara GKJN, Perera KADN – oral presentation at the 26th Annual Scientific Sessions of the Sri Lanka College of Microbiologists, 31 August – 1 September 2017
- Sero-prevalence of virus neutralizing antibodies for rabies in different groups of dogs following vaccination. Pimburage RMS, Gunathilake M, Wimalarathe O, Balasuriya A, Perera KADN, BMC Veterinary Research 2017 13:133, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12917-017-1038-z
- Consumption of human rabies immunoglobulin (HRIG) in government hospitals of Sri Lanka; WDNL Amarasinghe, O Wimalaratne, S Nanayakkara, TKGS Sumathipala,MGK de Costa2 –Sri Lankan Journal of Infectious Diseases 2016 Vol.6(2):114-118
- An immunogenicity study on intradermal pre-exposure rabies vaccination in Sri Lanka; Perera KADN, Nanayakkara S, Wimalaratne OV, Abeynayake P, Samarakkodi PMA, Senevirathne WDST. The bulletin of the Sri Lanka College of Microbiologists 2016;14:12.
- The effect of storage temperatures and evaluation of open vial policy on potency of trivalent live oral poliomyelitis vaccine (tOPV) in Sri Lanka; Seneviratne WDST, Perera KADN, Nanayakkara S, Wimalaratne OV. The bulletin of the Sri Lanka College of Microbiologists 2016;14:12.
- Laboratory confirmation of rabies: why is it important? Dr. Kanthi Nanayakkara, Article in Newsletter Sri Lanka Association for Advancement of Science SLAAS – Section A, volume 11-issue 01;March 2015
- Twelve years of Rabies surveillance in Sri Lanka, 1999 – 2010. Dushantha Karunanayake, Takashi Matsumoto, Omala Wimalaratne, Susilakanthi Nanayakkara, Devika Perera, Akira Nishizono, Kamuruddin Ahmed. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases 2014;8(10):e3205. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0003205
- Pattern of immunogenicity in a representative group of canines following anti-rabies immunization. Gunatilake M, Pimburage R, Wimalaratne O, Balasuriya A, Perera D. Proceedings of the 37th International Union of Physiological Sciences Congress held in Birmingham, UK in 2013; PCA293 (Electronic publication only) http://www.physoc.org/proceedings/abstract/Proc%2037th% 20IUPSPCA293.
- Molecular epidemiology of human rabies viruses in Sri Lanka. Takashi Matsumoto, Kamuruddin Ahmed, Dushantha Karunanayake, Omala Wimalaratne, Susilakanthi Nanayakkara, Devika Perera, Yuji Kobayashi, Akira Nishizono Infection, Genetics and Evolution 18 (2013): 160 – 167. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.meegid.2013.05.018
- Comparison of immunogenicity to antirabies vaccination in dogs of different age groups. Pimburage R M S, Gunatilake M, Wimalarathne O, Balasuriya A, Perera K A D N. Abatract/4th Rabies in Asia Conference 2013:46.
- Comparison of antibody titres in unvaccinated and previously vaccinated adult stray/free roaming canines following anti-rabies immunization by Rapid Fluorescent Focus Inhibition Test (RFFIT) – A preliminary report. Pimburage R, Gunatilake M, Wimalarathne O, Balasuriya A, Perera D. International Journal of Infectious Diseases, Volume 16, Supplement 1, June 2012, Page e459. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijid.2012.05.661
- Evaluation of monoclonal antibody-based rapid immunochromatographic test for direct detection of rabies virus in the brain of humans and animals. Ahmed K, Wimalaratne O, Dahal N, Khawplod P, Nanayakkara S, Rinzin K, Perera D, Karunanayake D, Matsumoto T, Nishozono A. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2012 Apr; 86(4): 736 – 40. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4269/ajtmh.2012.11-0332
- Evaluation of an improved rapid neutralizing antibody detection test (RAPINA) for qualitative and semiquantitative detection of rabies neutralizing anti body in humans and dogs. Nishizono A, Yamada K, Khawplod P, Shiota S, Perera D, Matsumoto T, Wimalaratne O, Mitui M T, Ahmed K. Vaccine 2012;30:3891-96. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2012.04.003
- Novel Sylvatic Rabies Virus Varient in Endangered Golden Palm Civet, Sri Lanka.Takashi Matsumoto, Kamuruddin Ahmed, Omala Wimalaratne, Susilakanthi Nanayakkara, Devika Perera, Dushantha Karunanayake, Akira Nishizono – Emerging Infectious Diseases. Vol 17, No.12, December 2011; 2346 – 2349. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3201/eid1712.110811
- Immunogenicity study to determine the persistence of rabies neutralizing antibodies in previously immunized patients and their booster response following anti rabies vaccine for a subsequent exposure; Perera AK A D N, Rajapakse Y N, Nanayakkara S, Wimalaratne O V, Liyanage A D – 3rd Rabies in Asia Conference, November 2011, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Immunogenicity study to assess rabies neutralizing antibodies in previously
immunized patients; Perera AK A D N, Rajapakse Y N, Nanayakkara S,
Wimalaratne O V, Liyanage A D – awarded the first prize in oral presentations
at the 20th Annual Scientific Sessions of the Sri Lanka College of
Microbiologists, 14-16 September 2011
- Whole-genome analysis of a human rabies virus from Sri Lanka; Takashi Matsumoto,Kamuruddin Ahmed, Omala Wimalaratne, Kentaro Yamada, Susilakanthi Nanayakkara, Devika Perera, Dushantha Karunanayake, Akira Nishizono. Archives of Virology ISSN0304 -8608, Arch Virol (2011) 156:659-669. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00705-010-0905-8