Food And Water Microbiology
Accreditation of MRI’s Food and Water Laboratory Media Coverage
Colombo Gazette -04.03.2020
An Accredited Laboratory by by the letter dated 08.07.2019( TL-CF-087-01)
Food and Water Laboratory of the MRI offers comprehensive, highest quality microbiological testing of food and water. We are the leading laboratory for Food & Water microbiological analysis in the state sector. Also, provide our services to the private sector.
To contribute towards the achievement of the mission of the institution by fulfilling the research and service functions of food and water microbiology.
- Testing of food for microbiological quality
- Testing of food in outbreak investigations
- Testing of water for drinking water quality
- Testing of water quality for recreational activity
- Testing for Legionella spp. in water used in air conditioning and cooling towers
Microbiology testing: (includes detection and quantification)
- Aerobic Plate Count (APC)
- Presumptive Coliform count (PCC)
- E. coli
- Yeast and molds
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Salmonella Spp.
- Clostridium perfringens
- Staphylococcus(coagulase positive)
- Bacillus cereus
- Vibrio cholerae
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus
- Legionella spp