- MRI provides 24 hours inquiring facility and any person in need of information on sending samples will be available through the Resident Medical Laboratory Technologist (RMLT). This is a continued service with out any break and there are several RMLTs are working in a roster basis.
- MRI also provide 24 hour sample receiving from any government hospital or institutes. The authority of MRI guarantees that there will not be any delay when you hand over samples at the specimen counter at any time of the day( 24 hours). This service is only offered for government institutions.
- In addition in case of a rabid animal bite or when in suspicion, the head of the suspicious animal will be accepted any time of the day if the specimen is transported in a proper way.( Please refer the relevant section for more information)
- Animal center provides selected laboratory animals for experments when available and also a premier facility for animal experiments.
Newly established tests
Available laboratory investigations
All Investigation List updated 06.06.2018( Excel)
The following 9 tests are temporary stopped due to unavoidable reasons:
- Coagulation Factor V assay
- Coagulation Factor Vll assay
- Coagulation Factor X assay
- Coagulation Factor Xl assay
- Coagulation Factor Vlll assay
- Coagulation Factor lX assay
- vonWillebrand antigen assay
- vonWillebrand activity assay
- Flow-cytometry for lymphoproliferative disorders
Electron Microscopic facility
The facility is only available at MRI around the island. This will help us to diagnose diseases and for research activities in various ways.
Aldo Castellany Auditorium MRI
MRI has a high-tech auditorium which is suitable for various events and it is fully equipped with best quality Multimedia
projectors and sound systems with fail-over solutions. It is one of the best auditoriums under the ministry of health with seating capacity of over 250.
To know the rates please click here.
For bookings please contact Mr Ajith Ranathunga 0112693532-34, 0112693527, Mobile: 0779421346
Booking application form can be collected at Director’s office MRI or click here.
We are currently not doing any vaccinations and it is done by “Port Health Office” which is a separate institute hosted at MRI premises and the details of their functions has to be inquired from them. Their telephone numbers are +94112675182, +94 776 748 237
This is the link to Port Health/Quarantine Unit Colombo http://www.quarantine.health.gov.lk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=132&lang=en