Instructions to follow when sending Abstracts
- The number of words is limited strictly to 250 excluding the title, authors and affiliations.
- Authors should be listed using the entire surname and the initial(s). Omit titles, degrees, and academic appointments and do not separate initials with punctuation e.g. Perera MP
- The affiliation must comprise department name, institution and city only.
- The body of the abstract should be organized as outlined below. The underlined words must be included in the body of the abstract.
- Objective/s: A statement of the purpose or reason for the report.
- Methods: A brief description of the study design.
- Results: A summary of the results presented in sufficient detail to support the conclusion. Data must be presented in the abstract.
- Conclusion: a statement of the conclusion based on the data presented.
- For case reports or case series, the words Case report: or Case series: replace the Methods: and Results: headings. Otherwise, the format remains the same.
- Use of tables is discouraged. However, you may include one simple table.
- Figures and graphs/diagrams are not allowed. Only standard abbreviation should be used.
- The Principal Author must complete the ‘Declaration by the principal author’ available at (http://www.mri.gov.lk/web/) with each submitted abstract.
- Copies of the abstracts and complete paper should be handed over or sent to :
Dr. Jude Jayamaha
Dept. of Virology, Medical Research Institute
P.O. Box 527, Colombo.
TP 011-2693532-3 Ext 463
Email address: email@example.com.
- Final date for submission of abstract
15th of October 2012 on or before 11 a.m.